By Deana Lancaster, North Shore News Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Call it sweet success.
North Vancouver chocolatier Thomas Haas was among those inducted this year into the B.C. Restaurant Hall of Fame. On Monday, more than 600 foodies from the British Columbia culinary scene were among the first to see the new wing of the Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Centre, when they gathered there to celebrate their finest. The 2009 inductees to the B.C. Restaurant Hall of Fame are eleven individuals in varying categories. They are:
- Pioneers: George Frankel, Bruno Patassini, and Primo Villanueva
- Industry Award, Front of House: Darren Gates, Jean Turcotte
- Industry Award, Back of House: Thomas Haas, Scott Jaeger
- Friend of the Industry: Sid Cross, Jamie Maw
- Active Restaurateur: David Aisenstat, Geoffrey Howes
This year's Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to former West Van resident, freelance food writer Duncan Holmes. The B.C. Restaurant Hall of Fame was founded in 2004 to celebrate and promote excellence in B.C.'s culinary traditions; and to pay tribute to the outstanding individuals, past and present, who have shaped the industry. Inductees were chosen by a panel of 80 judges comprised of industry leaders from throughout the province. For more information, visit http://www.bcrhof.com/.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
New restaurant hall of famers inducted
- Halloween Costume Ideas 2010
- Best new restaurants in Canada named by enRoute
- Seven Kinds of Food Can Help You Sleep
- New restaurant hall of famers inducted
- Beet-Pickled Deviled Eggs [블랙 독거미 달걀요리 만들기]
- Westcoast Life: Halloween events, theatre, food, v...
- Greater Vancouver Food Bank gets boost from a big ...
- Men who eat junk food are more likely to have diab...
- KFC’s Double Down raises eyebrows among Canadian n...
- 배고픈 자취생이 간단하고 싸고 맛있게 먹을 수 있는 특별요리는?
- Research reveals why airplane food tastes so bad
- Grocers begin battle over sustainable seafood
- Athletes should know how much protein they are tak...
- How to sniff out fake restaurant reviews
- A Canadian Thanksgiving
- Restaurant listings
- Creating my own ethnic cuisine
- VANCOUVER SUN RESTAURANT GUIDE
- Vancouver's multi-cultural grocery stores
- Are healthy school lunches driving your kids to ju...
- The 25 Top Nutritious Foods for a Long, Healthy an...
- See her mind-blowing recipe!
- ▼ October (22)