Tuesday, February 8, 2011
How to Cope With Hunger
1. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry. This will fill your stomach and lessen hunger pangs. It will also help you eat less if you drink the water just before eating.
2. Get away from the television. Don't watch cooking programs or commercials about food. You can get up during the commercials and do something else or record your favorite programs and then fast forward through the commercials.
3. Avoid carbohydrates as these will often stimulate your hunger, making you even more hungry. Instead, eat a small snack of protein and healthy fat, such as a few nuts, the white part of a boiled egg or an avocado.
4. Eat breakfast. A good breakfast will give you energy all day and you'll be less hungry between meals.
5. Have a larger lunch and smaller dinner. It's easier to be hungry at night when you're asleep and you'll be ready for breakfast in the morning.
Always try to prepare by bringing non-perishable foods. Canned or sealed foods work great. Make sure they are not expired.
You die after about 3-4 days without water. Bring lots of water bottles and maybe a water purifier for streams if it will be a long trip.
You can read books or websites on surviving in the wilderness. From that, you can learn techniques and all about edible plants and roots.
Never attempt one of those diets where you starve yourself. It slows down your metabolism and makes you eat more in the end.
Try to sleep and forget that you're very hungry. You may have a growling stomach for a long time, but ignore that.
Posted by 5 Five Delivery at 11:53 a.m.
- Chicken Soup: Comforting chicken soup recipes for ...
- Cocktail Party : Sweet and savoury recipes to cele...
- Dae-Ji 대지돈까스 : Highly recommended Korean (Special ...
- What To Eat After Drinking To Replace Nutrients ?
- 10 Yummy Snacks That Kids Can Make
- Ladies Tea Party Ideas Casual to Formal
- Best Food Choices For Busines Meetings: Keep Your ...
- Food for Healthy Nails
- Five Classic Rainy Day Recipes
- Real Taiwanese foods and drinks are now in downtow...
- Valentine's Day Dinner Ideas: Last-Minute Menus & ...
- Top 10 Rainy Day Activities with your Kids
- Foods for healthy menstrual cycles
- Spring Recipes : Spring is coming earlier than you...
- How to Cope With Hunger
- Four ways to cope with Blue Monday (DAKSHANA BASCA...
- Top Energy Food List : What are the Top Energy Foo...
- New York Cheesecake Recipe Demonstration
- Japenese food - Simple Recipes
- Recipes for Greek Food Beginners
- ▼ February (20)