1 Pomegranate, seeded and juiced, (or ½ cup of pomegranate juice)
Juice of 5 limes, reserving 1 small wedge to moisten glasses
Kosher salt, for rims of glasses
3 ounces gold tequila (90 ml)
1 ounce orange-flavoured liqueur, like Cointreau or Grand Marnier (30 ml)
1 teaspoon powdered sugar (5 ml)
Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
Chill two long-stemmed glasses.
Juice the pomegranate by rolling it under the heel of your hand, using enough pressure to soften the fruit. Carefully cut a 1-inch slit in the skin (if you do it under running water the juice won’t splatter.) Over a wide-mouthed glass, squeeze out as much juice as possible. Split the fruit apart and remove the seeds, reserving about 2 tbsp. of intact seeds for garnish.
Place the seeds in a large resealable plastic bag, and press down on the seeds with the heel of your hand to extract the rest of the juice. Strain out the seeds. All together, you should have about ½ cup of pomegranate juice.
Salt the rims of the glasses by rubbing the reserved lime wedge around them, then dipping them in kosher salt.
Combine the pomegranate juice, tequila, liqueur, lime juice, sugar, and a handful of ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, and a shake vigorously until it’s all frothy.
Strain into glasses, and garnish with the reserved pomegranate seeds.
By the foodnetwork.ca Editorial Team
Friday, February 25, 2011
- Chicken Soup: Comforting chicken soup recipes for ...
- Cocktail Party : Sweet and savoury recipes to cele...
- Dae-Ji 대지돈까스 : Highly recommended Korean (Special ...
- What To Eat After Drinking To Replace Nutrients ?
- 10 Yummy Snacks That Kids Can Make
- Ladies Tea Party Ideas Casual to Formal
- Best Food Choices For Busines Meetings: Keep Your ...
- Food for Healthy Nails
- Five Classic Rainy Day Recipes
- Real Taiwanese foods and drinks are now in downtow...
- Valentine's Day Dinner Ideas: Last-Minute Menus & ...
- Top 10 Rainy Day Activities with your Kids
- Foods for healthy menstrual cycles
- Spring Recipes : Spring is coming earlier than you...
- How to Cope With Hunger
- Four ways to cope with Blue Monday (DAKSHANA BASCA...
- Top Energy Food List : What are the Top Energy Foo...
- New York Cheesecake Recipe Demonstration
- Japenese food - Simple Recipes
- Recipes for Greek Food Beginners
- ▼ February (20)