Despite promises from fast-food chains to change the way they market their meals to children, kids now see more ads for fast food than ever, researchers say.
And once children are in a restaurant, unhealthy foods overshadow healthy ones on the menu. In most cases, unhealthy foods such as french fries automatically come as sides with a meal, rather than the more healthy options, such as apples, that are shown in commercials.
The researchers would like to see healthy foods and beverages become the default options for kids' meals, and would like fast-food advertising aimed at children to be regulated in ways that make a real impact, said study researcher Marlene Schwartz, the deputy director of the Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity at Yale University.
Such attention to fast-food content and advertising is important considering that every day, about one-third of American children are eating a fast-food meal, she said.
"It’s a huge source of meals for kids, and that’s why we feel they need to be really looked at more carefully."
Monday, November 8, 2010
Study finds worst fast food meals for kids
- 20 healthy lunch ideas
- Low Fat Lunch Ideas
- Easy Dinner Recipes | 30 Minute Meals | Quick and ...
- Healthy options sought at fast-food outlets
- Chocolate Covered Snow Peaks
- 20 superfoods for weight loss
- Pizza Recipe : Recipes for Pizzas
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Food prices fall heading into busy holiday season
- 밴쿠버 맛집 간단 정리!
- Vancouver’s addictive new street eats
- Microwave popcorn bags may contain harmful chemica...
- Quick meatless dinner : This Chinese-inspired dish...
- A Cornucopia of food and wine
- Its always better with broth
- So delicious, such a great value! MaDangCoul! 정말 맛...
- Study finds worst fast food meals for kids
- Salam Bombay(살라암붐베이) : This place is totally worth...
- Toyama (토야마) - Good and fresh sushi Lots of select...
- HST on restaurant meals has got to go
- Baked Eggs with Prosciutto and Ricotta Pancakes
- Six food and dining events
- After Halloween~
- ▼ November (24)