5 Five Delivery

Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS



Now that I have hit my Weight Watchers goal weight, it has been hard for me to resist those ever so tempting foods like Philly Cheese Steaks. Recently we found a new Philly Cheese restaurant in our area that is AMAZING…well instead of going there all the time (and Pete would if I would let him) I decided to try a lower calorie version of this occasional treat. As usual, I was not disappointed with this Weight Watchers recipe. Below is the recipe that I used, it was taken from the Weight Watchers eTools site.

Philly Cheese Steaks

Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 21 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
1 medium onion(s), thinly sliced
1 pound(s) raw lean flank steak, cut into 8 thin slices
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 roll(s) reduced-calorie hot dog bun(s)
1/3 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat a large, nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add onion and sauté until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove onion from pan; set aside.
3. Add steak to skillet and sauté until browned and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and cook until liquid is absorbed.
4. Divide steak evenly between rolls and top with onion and cheese. Wrap in foil, transfer to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
Sliced peppers…
Beef cooking…
Sandwiches before they were put in the oven…
Final product…
For an alternative to the greasy restaurant style sandwich this was pretty good. I’m not a big fan of Worcestershire sauce so I am not going to rank it as high as my husband will. And of course, the recipe asks for onion which neither of us likes, so I replaced them with peppers. I found a high fiber whole wheat sandwich roll that we used instead of the hot dog bun. Either way, a good recipe and I would recommend it.

Read more~

No comments:

Post a Comment