Wine, food, seminars, tastings, parties, workshops: Whistler's 14th annual Cornucopia does it all.
It runs Thursday through Sunday, with the flagship event, Crush! Gala Grand Tasting at the Whistler Conference Centre. That event is held over two nights with representations from 75 wineries.
Events include a Whistler Chef Challenge (free), a competition that will go through several "heats," with an ultimate winner. The Viking Stage series includes cooking demos such as chocolate-making, sushi making and molecular gastronomy. A wine and cheese tasting "keeps it local." Slow Food puts on an artisan market. ARTrageous combines artists, art lovers, costumes, live music and dancing.
Winemaker dinners include partnerships of See Ya Later Ranch and La Bocca restaurant; Mission Hill and Fairmont Chateau Whistler; chef Wayne Martin with Road 13 wines.
You can learn to pour rye cocktails like a pro; learn about Riedel wine glasses and there are plenty of wine tastings. They include New Zealand, South African, Australian, Washington, and B.C. wines.
Some events are sold out, such as a chef's trip to a farm, a chefs' table luncheon, holiday entertaining demo, and a chocolate and wine pairing.
"The emphasis on quality has led to record sellouts for events and the community feedback has been positive and supportive," says publicist Jess Smith.
For tickets or more information, go to www.whistlercornucopia.com.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
- 20 healthy lunch ideas
- Low Fat Lunch Ideas
- Easy Dinner Recipes | 30 Minute Meals | Quick and ...
- Healthy options sought at fast-food outlets
- Chocolate Covered Snow Peaks
- 20 superfoods for weight loss
- Pizza Recipe : Recipes for Pizzas
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Food prices fall heading into busy holiday season
- 밴쿠버 맛집 간단 정리!
- Vancouver’s addictive new street eats
- Microwave popcorn bags may contain harmful chemica...
- Quick meatless dinner : This Chinese-inspired dish...
- A Cornucopia of food and wine
- Its always better with broth
- So delicious, such a great value! MaDangCoul! 정말 맛...
- Study finds worst fast food meals for kids
- Salam Bombay(살라암붐베이) : This place is totally worth...
- Toyama (토야마) - Good and fresh sushi Lots of select...
- HST on restaurant meals has got to go
- Baked Eggs with Prosciutto and Ricotta Pancakes
- Six food and dining events
- After Halloween~
- ▼ November (24)