5 Five Delivery

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fruit of the vine: People are passionate about grapes



Most of us grew up with grapes; they seem to be a staple for children. My favourite way to enjoy them was with burnt toast and peanut butter. It was the only time I ever ate burnt toast because there was something very intriguing about the flavour balance. The charred toast provided a deep background for the smooth, sticky peanut butter and the light sweetness of the grapes. I thought grapes were OK, but I went wild when I had my first concord grape. The profound sweetness and sourness bouncing off each other had my mouth in ecstasy. I even liked to chew on the seeds, their bitterness made the grape that much sweeter.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/life/food/Fruit+vine+People+passionate+about+grapes/3558089/story.html#ixzz113dzJRtk

No comments:

Post a Comment